Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy
Cuiabá – MT
The Academic Master of Sciences Degree (MSc) in Animal Bioscience at UNIC aims to develop the teaching and research of Veterinary Medicine and related areas. This MSc program enables the formation of graduates at the stricto sensu level that can act in areas such as scientific research, technological development, and in higher education. Additionally, graduates are able to perform in processes that require animal health, by means of clinical-surgical, reproductive interventions and studies involving the diagnosis, epidemiology, control and prevention of diseases.
The joint Doctorate Degree Program between UNIC and UFV in Animal Bioscience was approved at the 169th Meeting of the Council of Technical-Scientific Higher Education – CTC-ES/CAPES, aiming at scientific research into health and sustainable animal production in ecosystems of Pantanal, Cerrado and Amazon, through practices of diagnosis, management, treatment and prophylaxis of surgical and clinical affections.
Undergraduate students in Veterinary Medicine and compatible areas.
WEBINÁRIO EM PRODUÇÃO: “Caroço de Algodão na Nutrição de Ruminantes e Efeitos do Gossipol na Reprodução”
WEBINÁRIO EM PRODUÇÃO: “Caroço de Algodão na Nutrição de Ruminantes…
O II WEBINÁRIO EM GESTÃO, com o tema “BRASIL FORNECEDOR MUNDIAL DE ALIMENTOS” contará com a…
Fields of Research
Animal Health and Production in the Biomes of Pantanal, Cerrado and Amazon
The program aims to detect and investigate problems related to animal health and production in different regional ecosystems, identifying the critical points and develop control , prophylactic, productive, reproductive measures and alternatives for sustainable animal management. Therefore, studies will involve the diagnosis and epidemiology of diseases, as well as actions relative to the prevention of diseases and treatment of animals, ensuring animal welfare, public health, environmental and animal health resulting in One Health. The program also aims to train human resources, considering the needs and regional demands.
Research Topics – Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy
Research Topic 1: Animal Management, Clinics And Surgery
Develop multidisciplinary projects, with the objectives to increase the understanding of the social and environmental impacts of the diseases of animals on the biomes of the Pantanal, Cerrado, and Amazon Basin, and propose rational solutions relative to the aspects of production, internal medicine, surgery, clinical diagnosis, and the treatment of animals.
Research Topic 2: Produção Animal
Investigate productive and sustainable systems within different ecosystems, develop and/or use biotechnologies, assisted reproductive techniques and nutritional management of production animals. Apply and develop methods for aetiological, serological, immunological, molecular, and cellar diagnoses and design control measures and prophylaxis of diseases for the establishment of sanitary programs, with a focus on the health and welfare of production animals.
Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy
- Research Project Presentation
- Teaching Traineeship
- Methodology of Research
- Seminars in Animal Bioscience
- Appendicular skeleton Anatomy of Domestic Animals
- Animal physiopathology
- Bioethics and animal welfare
- Biotechnology applied to Animal Breeding
- Clinical and management of wild animals and ornamental birds
- Diagnosis and Therapy in neurological patients
- Diseases of livestock interest caused by toxic plants
- Diseases of horses from the Pantanal region
- Emerging and Reemerging Zoonoses
- Endocrinology and Environmental Adaptation
- Epidemiology applied to Animal Bioscience
- Functional neuroanatomy and neurological, clinic veterinary
- Imaging diagnosis methods in veterinary medicine
- Locomotor surgeries of cattle and horses
- Nutrition and reproductive efficiency
- Pathologic diagnosis of animals of the biomes of the Pantanal, Cerrado, and Amazon Basin
- Principles of Molecular Biology, Microbiological and Immunological diagnosis in veterinary medicine
- Special Topics 1
- Special Topics 2
- Statistics applied to Animal Bioscience
- Use of Bioactive Natural Products in Animal Health
- Virology and Viral Diseases
Marcelo Diniz dos Santos, PhD.
Graduate Program Chair in in Animal Bioscience
Phone: 55 (65) 3363-1271