Master of Science
Animal Health and Production
Arapongas – PR
The Stricto Sensu Post Graduate Program, Academic Master’s Degree in Animal Health and Production UNOPAR, has as general objective the formation of human resources to assist the public and private sectors demands in the areas of health and animal production. Train skilled professionals, endowed with a critical spirit; seeking to integrate teaching, research and extension activities for the teaching career.
Graduates in Veterinary Medicine; Animal Science; Agronomy; Biology; Biomedicine; Chemistry; Food Science, Technology and Engineering, and related areas.
Notícias Enteroviroses em cães kradmin junho 29, 2021 O Mestrado em Saúde e Produção Animal promoverá nesta quarta feira (30/06), a PALESTRA: 🐶💊 “Enteroviroses em cães” ; .📆Quarta-feira,...
Mestrado em Saúde e Produção Animal promove palestra: PEGADA HÍDRICA NA CADEIA PRODUTIVA DO LEITE BRASILEIRA
O Programa SAÚDE E PRODUÇÃO ANIMAL, da UNOPAR , promoverá dia 16/06…
Fields of Research
Research Line 1
Clinical-surgical affections in veterinary medicine: Approach the aspects related to anatomy, etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis of toxic, metabolic and deficiency disorders, and therapeutics of clinical and surgical conditions in veterinary medicine.
Research Line 2
Infectious and Parasitic diseases of importance in veterinary medicine: Studies focusing on the epidemiological, etiological and pathological characteristics of the main infectious and parasitic diseases in veterinary medicine, as well as zoonoses. Development of etiological, serological and molecular diagnostic methods and evaluation of control and prophylaxis strategies.
Research Line 3
Pathophysiology and reproduction biotechniques in ruminants: The main pathophysiological problems of ruminants’ reproduction will be addressed, with emphasis on hormonal disorders. Evaluation of the methodologies used in buiatrics reproduction including natural reproduction and reproduction biotechniques such as IA, TE, IATF, IVF and cloning.
Research Line 4
Nutritional management in ruminants farming and quality of animal products: Nutritional management of ruminant animals, with a focus on aspects related to productivity, production costs and animal welfare. Evaluation of the quality of the animal product.
Mandatory Subjects - For the two Areas of Concentration
- Biostatistics applied to animal experimentation techniques / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Research Methodology / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Research seminars on animal health and production / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
Optional subjects- Two areas of concentration
- Scheduled Activities I – 15 Hours – 1 Credit
- Scheduled Activities II – 15 Hours – 1 Credit
- Entrepreneurship and innovation / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Treineeships in Teaching at Graduation / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Use of bibliometric indexes in the 21st century / 15 hours – 1 Credit
Optional Subjects: Ruminants Production
- Animal plant interface in pastures / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Animal products technology / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Animal welfare / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Biotechnology applied to the multiplication of ruminants / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Quality and safety of animal products / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Research on ruminant nutrition / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Studies on feed used in animal nutrition / 45 Hours – 3 Credits
Optional Subjects: Animal Health
- Advanced topics in clinic and animal surgery / 45 Hours – 3 Credits
- Advanced topics in one health / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Diagnosis and therapy in internal animal medicine / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Ectoparasitoses and endoparasitoses importants in veterinary medicine / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Immunological and molecular techniques applied in the diagnosis and animal health research / 45 Hours – 3 Credits
- Metabolic and nutritional disorders of animals / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Models applied to the study of diseases caused by viruses, bacteria and protozoa / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Reproductive diseases of ruminants / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Special Topics in Animal Health / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
- Surgical approach in monogastric animals / 30 Hours – 2 Credits
UNOPAR (UNIDADE ARAPONGAS) – Unidade Veterinária
Rodovia PR 218, KM 01, Arapongas – PR, 86702-670